Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Maniratnam is the Guru

Watched Guru last Sunday. Though I have a lot to say but considering that fact that I am at work and that too it's morning, I am keeping it short.

What an acting! What a direction, cinematography, music! What a movie! Maniratnam, A. R. Rahman, Abhishek Bachchan, Mithun Chakravarty... Everything is so good about the movie. A big thumbs-up to junior Bachchan and Mithun Da for their class-leading acting. I think, it's time for Mithun Da to do second-round of mind-blowing acting.

Indian cinema is growing and growing like anything. So many great movies in such a short span... Rang De Basanti, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Dor and now Guru! It seems every new movie I am watching now is making an entry in my all-time-favourite list.

I watched Guru in R Adlabs, Mulund. Happened to visit Nirmal Lifestyle too. Apart from the great movie, what amused me most was this dance event for children at Nirmal Lifestyle. Despite of the fact that photography is strictly prohibited there, I managed to click a quick snap there. :-)

No comments: