Monday, October 30, 2006

Chambal-Division - Yesterday and Today; Myth and Reality

Apart from writing book-reviews and other minor-major things, I am seriously considering writing on Chambal-division now on. (If you are new to the term Chambal then hold on, I will be explaining it in next two paragraphs.) I simply love this place. No, its not pure chauvinism. I agree that I belong to this place and its quite inevitable that I love this place but there are many other solid reasons for loving it.

If you have gone through my profile, homepage and some previous posts you might have well realized that I belong to a very small place Ambah which is there in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh state, India. Despite of the fact that my native place Ambah and its surroundings are wonderful places to live in, irony is that they are highly notorious in India. They are considered to be Bihar of Madhya Pradesh. (people from Bihar should not get offended here as they share the same fundamentals that these places I am talking about have.) My objective of writing about Chambal is to make people aware with the realities of these places. I have a lot to tell and I want to tell it aloud so that every single person who have heard about Bhind, Morena, Ambah should realize that these are not those places they have been reading or listening about. They are quite simple, normal and friendly places like the ones you are living in.

If you have been interested in Indian Civil Services or any GK-based exam, or like to read newspaper or have watched old Indian daku (Dacoit) movies then you must be well aware with Chambal ghati, Chambal beeharh and or Bhind-Morena. Yes, I am from same notorious place that you have worst thoughts about. What you have been told by media, movies and all is a bit different than what I will be telling you. If it surprises you or you need further clarification of anything, please do let me know, I will try my level best to come up with a solution.


Its just a preface, I have a lot to talk about, like people, place, agricultural status, education, dowry system, caste system, poverty, festivals, revenges, disputes, killing, and every other thing that I know and you should know too. Will begin with it very shortly.

No comments: