Sunday, January 13, 2008

Halla Bol - A Message

Watched Halla Bol yesterday morning. Youths, rights awareness, patriotism. Nothing new. Still, I liked it. There are a plenty of movies more or less on the same plot but I still liked it. This movie too, like other similar movies, transpires a message. Fight for your rights, fight for truth.

I like such movies. I like them because they make my blood boil. I like them because they make me feel like becoming one of those protagonists. I like them because maybe I am one of the uncountable scared people who can’t come ahead and fight for our rights. I see truth being killed but I just take my eyes off thinking this is the way world lives. Nobody is bothered, why should I? I do something because everybody else is doing. These kind of movies wake my inner-self.

Halla Bol is all about a person like me who is lost. He is not bothered about what is right and what is wrong. He has accepted that what everybody does is right. This guy is just like anybody else. But someday somebody comes and provokes the hero within this person. He fights and wins. I am not a hero, I might not have enough guts to sacrifice my career, my life for nation. More precisely, I might not become the first person to do that. But I might be one of the many who will be standing beside the hero. I need a hero whom I can follow. The country is full of people like me. Everybody needs a hero.

No comments: